Summit4CAD Founder Jon Patrick Hyde Haleakala Summit 2017

“If I can help one person from experiencing what I have been through then everything I’ve been through has been worth it.”

Summit4CAD, Inc. is a Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation located in Santa Barbara, California. It was founded in 2017 by Jon Patrick Hyde after his experience with undiagnosed and untreated Coronary Artery Disease (CAD).

Many adults live with CAD for years with little or no symptoms and they learn of their condition after experiencing a “surprise” heart attack.  Of the estimated 735,000 people who will experience first heart attacks this year an estimated 325,000 will not survive.  Someone experiences a heart attack every 34 seconds in the USA.

For some people, the first heart attack is more likely to be their last,” said Elsayed Z. Soliman, M.D., M.Sc., M.S., director of the Epidemiological Cardiology Research Center (EPICARE) at Wake Forest Baptist.

This is a statistic that Jon Patrick Hyde understands well for he is one of the lucky survivors of an unexpected heart attack caused by undiagnosed CAD.

Coronary Artery Disease is the leading cause of
death world-wide and in the USA.

On October 14th of 2016 Jon suffered a “Widowmaker heart attack and survived.  90% of Widowmaker sufferers do not survive.  The remaining 10% typically do so with some form of permanent heart damage which leaves them disabled with a poor prognosis for life longevity.  CAD is the leading cause of early disability retirement in adults in the United States and costs an estimated $160 billion dollars annually in lost productivity and medical costs.

Jon did not only survive his Widowmaker but he did so with zero residual heart damage; which is so rare that there are no statistics to express how often it occurs.  It is generally accepted by medical professionals that a Widowmaker survivor will have some sort of permanent heart damage.

Through years of intense daily cycling Jon’s heart had grown “Collateral Arteries” which kept his heart muscle alive until he could be treated.  These “remodeled branches” were a direct result of his daily exercise regimen.  Without them he would have been a statistic of a different kind; every male in the past 3 generations of his family has died at an early age (less that the national average for life expectancy) from heart attacks caused by CAD.


The prevention of Coronary Artery Disease through education, screenings, and the promotion of healthy lifestyle choices centered around the fitness activity of cycling. 

We will accomplish this Mission:

Through the dissemination of educational materials in printed, electronic, video, and audio formats across multiple media platforms including online, social media, push, broadcast, print, and live promotional opportunities where free risk screening services will be provided. 
A life-long dedication to cycling saved Summit4CAD founder Jon Patrick Hyde’s life when he suddenly experienced a Widowmaker heart attack due to undiagnosed CAD.


Summit4CAD will help reduce the number of deaths and permanent disability associated with CAD by providing free risk screenings for CAD.

Summit4CAD will become a leading source of information, inspiration,
and motivation to dramatically improve the quality of life and the overall health of those at risk of developing or currently living with CAD.

Cycling can be enjoyed outdoors or indoors, all year-round.  It is less stressful on your joints than jogging or running and it provides a means to explore the world around you.


  • We believe in the sanctity of life and feel that quality of life is a key element to a person’s ability to contribute value to society and the world around them.
  • We believe that good health is vital in creating a positive quality of life.
  • We will provide honest, fact-checked, medically-sourced, verified and validated information on this website and in any other media format in which we disseminate information.
  • We will never charge for information.
  • We will positively influence and motivate those we seek to assist; this will be done through an inclusive culture that is free of judgment, prejudice, and negativity.
  • We seek partnerships with like-minded individuals, organizations, and businesses so that we can maintain the highest ethical and moral standards as we strive to meet make our Vision a reality.


%d bloggers like this: